In the community
Cardiac Action Group owe our existence on Guernsey to the need for rehabilitation of cardiac patients locally. Although this primary task has now been taken on by HSSD more recently, we continue to be passionate concerning our involvement and support of cardiac health issues in the local community, including the provision of free training for CPR and AED use.
To find out about up and coming events, please follow us on our social media channels which we use to provide the latest information. This cuts down on administration ensuring we can spend the maximum time on our cardiac support.
Previous local achievements
Please note, this is not an exhaustive list, rather an indication of our successful activity.
• PAD locator mobile app with local web company Submarine
• Annual hosts of Healthy Hearts Day
• Siemens Ultrasound unit purchased (C.I. Lottery Grant Award)
• Cardio Physiologist student salaries supported
• Stress Ergometer purchased (C.I. Lottery Grant Award)
• Cardia Specialist Nurse salary funded
• Public Access Defibrillators installed and maintained island wide
• Database of PADS / AEDs (with St Johns Ambulance & Rescue)